Account limitations under the age of 18

Dongcha
New Community Member

So I purposely made a Paypal account under the age of 18 (which wasn't very smart of me). Now Paypal is asking me to confirm my identity in order to access all the benefits of my Paypal account. The only reason I made my Paypal acccount was to have the ability to gain donations through Twitch streams. I'm turning 18 in around 46 days or roughly around a month. Yet Paypal says that If I don't confirm and submit the required information by the 4th of January 2021 which is 2 days before I turn 18, than it gets further limited and I wouldn't have the ability to receive and payments anymore. So I was just wondering because I haven't planned on using Paypal to spend money online, just only receiving it. Can I have my account limited in the sense that I can still receive money until I turn 18 in a month of which I can have my account removed of its limitations? because having to confirm my information 2 days before my actual 18th birthday seems really unfavorable. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dongcha 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless you contact them and request funds being sent to a parents Paypal account, not guaranteed however.

You would never be able to use that account again as its an illegal underage account BUT once you were 18 you can ask customer services if you can open another one (that is not guaranteed as you have already violated their user agreement) but if they do say yes you can then ask them to transfer any funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.