Account limitation

Nequla
Contributor
Contributor

So my account got limited for security reasons, but now its in my full controll and now paypal asks me to change password, change sec questions and to confirm my credit card. But the problem is that I can't confirm my credit card since my account is limited.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Nequla!

Uh oh! I definitely understand how that can be frustrating. As this may require discussing account specific information (which we don't want posted on a public forum!), it would probably be best to speak to us either over the phone or via Facebook or Twitter. This way, we can help get the problem resolved and have the account up and running again soon!

Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Nequla!

Uh oh! I definitely understand how that can be frustrating. As this may require discussing account specific information (which we don't want posted on a public forum!), it would probably be best to speak to us either over the phone or via Facebook or Twitter. This way, we can help get the problem resolved and have the account up and running again soon!

Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Gaiger2017
New Community Member
Can somebody please help me my account has been limited over 2week and still no progession on my account. On the day my account got liited i sent in the document required by paypal also gave paypal limitation team a call about last week and wass told my account will be taken of the limtation hold incer 24-48 hrs, it now 5day pass and still nothing form paypal no email nothing am a little lost as i dont want t keep xalling paypal for the prroblem to be resolved. the information i provided was a proof of address id, and proof of delivery am unable to procide ther information de to am not a huge business and also no invoice as i sell home product i have laying the in house. when i placed the call the person i spoke to mark business information as resolve but the rest remain at in progress over 1week now am so lost.
Login to Me Too

Gaiger2017
New Community Member

Can somebody please help me my account has been limited over 2week and still no progession on my account. On the day my account got liited i sent in the document required by paypal also gave paypal limitation team a call about last week and wass told my account will be taken of the limtation hold incer 24-48 hrs, it now 5day pass and still nothing form paypal no email nothing am a little lost as i dont want t keep xalling paypal for the prroblem to be resolved. the information i provided was a proof of address id, and proof of delivery am unable to procide ther information de to am not a huge business and also no invoice as i sell home product i have laying the in house. when i placed the call the person i spoke to mark business information as resolve but the rest remain at in progress over 1week now am so lost.

Login to Me Too

UnhappyCamper99
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a PayPal customer for many years and suddenly they don't know who I am.  They email me; they have my bank account; they call me with confirmation numbers which I dutifully enter; they allow me to delete expired cards; they allow me to log on to my account and change information; yet they still don't know who I am and require additional, intrusive information.  

I am wonderfully unimpressed.

Login to Me Too

Lynda12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my account had been limited and paypal asked me upload the needed documents which i did, yet paypal don't remove the limitations!!!! It's taking too longer than i couldn't expect!!!
Login to Me Too

maryalfanito
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. My account was perfectly normal I made several purchases online and received money from airbnb as I was renting my home on their platform. I have received around 5k they locked my account asked for documents. I sent DL, Passport ( I have double nationality I have sent them both passports!, proof of address and even my birth certificate!!!!!)

They have not unlimited my account. No one knows exactly why and the situation is I have over 5k in my account that I can not withdraw or use because my account has been closed.

I have had this account connected to 2 banks and cards for over a year! I have provided all the information that I have been requested to.

No one has told me what was wrong with my account but one thing I can assure there were no complains or problems until paypal resolved that there was something wrong with my account and limited me. At this point I don't care about paypal, I don't even intend to use them ever again. But what gives them the right to hold indefinitely  5K which are mine???Can someone explain this?

Login to Me Too

AngryHedgehog

But it says right there on the limitations page that someone on the phone can't resolve limitations. So which is it? Can they resolve over the phone or not?

Login to Me Too

Deelusion
New Community Member

I'm in the same situation right now with my account.  I've uploaded a copy of my driver's license, bank statement, SS card, pay stub and still having the same problem.  After completing all the requested documents for proof, I received another email saying that I still need to provide a copy of a valid government id and a copy of my utility bill or cell phone bill which I really don't have except a landline bill.  As I logged in to my paypal to comply, everything was with green check marks stating that they're all completed so now I'm feeling a bit of frustration.  I sent an email to the compliance verification center and I still haven't gotten any response from them.  Please somebody anybody help me.

Login to Me Too

crEco
New Community Member

Good Morning,

Whilst I have submitted all the documents requested, I was contacted again yesterday and with request for more information only to be told it was an error and my details has to be submitted all over again which adds the delay limitations (no fault of my own).

I am writing to you as a matter of urgency to try and manage the circumstance I have right now.  Whilst I understand the regulations we are bound to, I am attempting to ascertain some time frames to let the hosting company for our website understand the difficulties I now face in an attempt to pay for our website because of the limitation set on our paypal account.

I am in the mountains in Costa Rica I am limited by travel and monies to pay for the website, I am currently searching for colleagues and friends who perhaps can pay for these services as to not have them terminated.  Our website costs us considerable amount of funds and so has our farm, hence we have very little funds and rely on the monies that our student donates and pay for learning permaculture and agro-foresty to maintain our new services.   We are a new services and our website has only started operating 7 to 8 weeks now.

What we need to know as a matter of urgency to manage and get by with our hosting company are as follows:

Timelines:

How long, an estimated timeframe to give our hosting company so we can manage this without our service been terminated?

What else do you need from us: What other information do we need to provide in order to give them some reassurance that we are doing the best we can with your help to resolve the matter please?

I look forward to your prompt reply to help resolve this situation with urgency,  I seem to find myself on a clock in an unfortunate circumstance of needing the funds from my first students and it just so happens that the website and domain name has come up for renewal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.