downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmeeraOAZ 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ash106
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am a freelancer in Fiverr who uses PayPal to transfer money. When I opened my PayPal account, I did not understand the difference between personal and business account and opened a business account. Now PayPal is asking for my business verification which does not exist. My account is now limited because of that. Is there anything I can do to solve the situation other than providing my business information(Which I don't have)?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ash106 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ash106
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass , Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have contacted PayPal via their Facebook account. However, I am chatting with a chat-bot there. I have also sent them a message via the message option on PayPal website.

Closing the account is NOT an option for me as I have a lot of account associated with this PayPal account and I have a good amount of money in it.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230515o
New Community Member

So my account is a business account. I turned it on quite a month ago as I was planning on having some business going on. But I canceled the business on my own but forgot to downgrade the account to personal account. Now my friends are sending me some money for some personal reasons. And all the transactions are on pending. How can I downgrade my account type now? I tried to connect with the message center, and no one answers me. Is there any other way that I can contact them to work it out? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230515o 

The friends /family option to send funds is not available in your country so all payments go as goods/services.

So you would be subject to the new seller hold regardless of what account type you have.

https://www.paypal.com/vn/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nxrisc
New Community Member

I accidently switched my account from personal to business and I want to go back. I am looking at YouTube videos on how to do that but it says to contact PayPal through email. I been searching through PayPal but there's no way to contact them through email. I need Help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nxrisc 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

salehbadr35_
New Community Member

i need to change my account from business to personal ? can you help me ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@salehbadr35_ 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.