Account is setup as if I'm in America?

Bevan9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm in New Zealand, but my Paypal account has a registered address in America due to a typo with a zip code. I'm unable to access my money because I cannot link to an American bank - because I do not have one.

How would I change my address so it registers to the correct country, in this case, New Zealand. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bevan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bevan9 

It would be nothing to do with a typo, to get a paypal account for another country you must have used the top option when you clicked to register from the drop down box of countries. The top option is a US account.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and you can't change an account from one country to another.

As you would never be able to verify a U.S account its basically useless to you.

You would need customer services help to try and transfer the funds but again as you can't verify a U.S account that may not be possible so your best bet is to ask the person that sent the funds to open a dispute for non receipt of item or whatever option is available to get their funds back and then open a NZ account and ask them to pay again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.