Account is in ex husband name but using my sole email and bank account. I can’t do anything help!

Reby0711
Contributor
Contributor

I have been divorced almost three years now and my paypal account was in my ex husbands name, but it was my bank account and email. I can’t get his name off! I can’t open a new account as obviously my email and bank is on this one! It seems crazy I can’t just put it in my name! I keep getting messages and receipts sent to me, but to my ex’s name as it’s disturbing!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reby0711 

Its against paypal rules to use another persons paypal account and against those rules to add cards / bank accounts that are not in the account holders name and address.

That account does not belong to you so you would need to open an account in your own name and use another card with it.

The only way around it is to ask your ex if he will remove your info from his account for you and close said account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cnjsmum
Contributor
Contributor
I have same problem the account initially was a joint account with the credit card linked to the account also a joint account. It’s a bit ridiculous that this cannot be changed when everything else is in my name
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cnjsmum 

You can't have a joint account if its a personal paypal account.

It can only be joint if its a business account.

A personal account has to be in one persons name only. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.