Account has a limit because it is not a business account

KingStazzy
Contributor
Contributor

I sold 2 items recently. MacBook Pro and a pair of sneakers for 1000$. I received an email for PayPal saying i received a transaction from the buyer I need to ship out the 2 items and send a verfacation  email from ups. I have done that and then received and email from PayPal saying my account is not a business account and it has a limit. to upgrade the account to a business account remove the limit I have I was Told to buy 5pcs of google play cards worth of 500$. 5pcs 100$ each. then send a picture of the receipt and the code on the back of the card and I will instantly get my credit of 1000$ plus 550$ totalling to $1550. the buyer helped me out buying 2pcs of 100$ and I was supposed to buy the remains 3 of 100$ each. I sent them the 3 cards with the reaccept and one of the cards were not working I was told to buy another one or replace the code i ended up beyond another google play gift card and same thing happened it did not work again. I then was getting suspicious  and contacted PayPal head office. they told me that the transaction id is not showing up in there system and that they never sent me any emails regarding this information about buying google play gift cards or that I have a limit. if anyone had a smaller issue and knows what I can do that would be great thank you so much.IMG_5319.jpgIMG_5320.PNGScreen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.08.12 PM.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingStazzy 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other reasons that you must send them a payment for custom fees / to verify, expand or upgrade an account using another payment processor or via gift cards which paypal would never do.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram, Western Union, Bank Transfer or any sort of gift token or voucher.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.