Account email changed

JuhoH
Contributor
Contributor

So I received an email from paypal (confirmed it was legit) about my paypal email being changed. This is not my email and I want it to get out.

I tried contacting support but both Call and Email options wont work. 

What do I do? Wait for the person who ever did this to me use all my money from my card? Can PayPal make their customer support work in the first place?

It's so awful to just sit and watch someone else have control over your property.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JuhoH
Contributor
Contributor
Did manage to get the account back, I had Paypal on phone which lets me log in with a fingerprint. I found out that it was indeed changed to a different email, address and phone number. I think its pretty dumb that there's no confirmation on the main email if you want to add a new email to the account. When it's about money, There's never too much security.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

NovaDragonYT
Contributor
Contributor

try to change password and if that doesn't work try to change email and if that doesnt work go here https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us 

if all that fails i think it would be the safest to close your account.

Login to Me Too

JuhoH
Contributor
Contributor

I have already tried to reset the password but he deleted my email from the account.

How do I close the account if he removed my email? Also PayPal's customer support still not working so I feel like I can't do anything. 

Login to Me Too

NovaDragonYT
Contributor
Contributor

so to close your ass.PNGcount click on you profile picture at the top right and then paypal settings on the drop down menu from there you should get this screen

Login to Me Too

NovaDragonYT
Contributor
Contributor

then click close account hope this helps if not let me know 

Login to Me Too

JuhoH
Contributor
Contributor
Picture doesn't work and I can't log on the account. I received an email from paypal that a new email was added to the account, I followed the email instructions which didn't help since whole Customer Support Service does not work. I tried to log on the account but it said that email does not have a paypal account so he obviously removed my email from the account. How do I restore or close anything if I do not have access to the account and Customer Support doesn't work? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

NovaDragonYT
Contributor
Contributor

i'm sorry i do not know what to do maybe cancel the card that was on the paypal account really sorry 

Login to Me Too
Solved

JuhoH
Contributor
Contributor
Did manage to get the account back, I had Paypal on phone which lets me log in with a fingerprint. I found out that it was indeed changed to a different email, address and phone number. I think its pretty dumb that there's no confirmation on the main email if you want to add a new email to the account. When it's about money, There's never too much security.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.