Account concerns

ssg567
Contributor
Contributor
Hi All! I received the below email, and just want to clarify some things as I'm a bit concerned. It states that I need to create a new password as they do a background search and looks like my email address may have been compromised. My question is, do I need to contact paypal further to find out what website and when? And do I need to chnage my password for other sites/ or ones I recently visited? Below email stated: Please create a new password At PayPal, safety and security are our top priorities. That's why we regularly search public lists of compromised email addresses and passwords from other websites to see if our customers' login credentials have been affected. A recent search shows that your email address and password may have been compromised on another website. While this security breach isn't related to your PayPal account, we want to make sure your account stays secure. For that reason, we disabled your current password, and you'll need to create a new one. I appreciate your help with this, Thank you, Kind Regards SSG567
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.