Account access problem/ lost phone number verification (PLEASE HELP!)

annoyedvivi
New Community Member

I haven’t signed in my main US based account in more than half a year and Paypal is now asking me to verify with a phone number that I no longer have. I’m out the country right now but tried calling customer service anyway and was put on hold for TWO HOURS, no joke. I wanted to try sending an email as well but I couldn’t even do so without signing in. This is so ridiculously frustrating. Please send help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annoyedvivi 

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If calling is a hardship, I suggest you open an account wherever you're at (PayPal accounts are country specific) until you get back to the States to sort the US account out, remembering to close out the foreign account before leaving if its no longer needed. Or don't use PayPal at all while abroad. Credit cards also protect against unauthorized use, not just PayPal. If you need someone from the US, Canada to send you money while abroad, they can use Xoom.com and you pick up the cash where you're at from a bank, etc.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annoyedvivi 

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If calling is a hardship, I suggest you open an account wherever you're at (PayPal accounts are country specific) until you get back to the States to sort the US account out, remembering to close out the foreign account before leaving if its no longer needed. Or don't use PayPal at all while abroad. Credit cards also protect against unauthorized use, not just PayPal. If you need someone from the US, Canada to send you money while abroad, they can use Xoom.com and you pick up the cash where you're at from a bank, etc.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

masmasalison
New Community Member

Update

the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Masmas

Login to Me Too

JeffreyU143

You can use your email add for your access : @annoyedvivi 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.