Account Security Verification

wingssail
New Community Member

Constantly, and repeatedly I am getting frustrated by the account security verification process. 

Because my IP address is dynamic Paypal thinks I am in a new location. (I'm not) so it blocks my online access until I reply with a security code, WHICH CAN ONLY BE SENT VIS SMS TO MY LISTED ACCOUNT PHONE! But I am travelling in Mexico and the SMS does not come through.

The "try other way" button DOES NOT WORK, it still just repeats the SMS, which I never get.

Customer service does not solve the problem, they only give me the dumb reasons why it has to be so bad, (But other financial systems are not this way. Paypal is hopeless.

I know how to get in, I've hacked this system, and I CAN get to a screen which offers alternate ways of verifying it's me, (I'm not telling how, I don't want that path blocked) and I've found: The SMS does not work, won't forward to my local phone. The Phone call won't work because it's not the phone I have registered, AND it won't take my actual, working, local phone, The Emails never come. even if I am online at the time.

BUT I can get in by verifying my credit card, and go from there.

Then the login in can be completed.

But that is not what this is all about.

I've just read a story about all the changes CEO Dan Schulman has pushed to eliminate the frustrating experiences for users, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-01-08/paypal-escaped-obscurity-by-embracing-credit-card... which included such statement as: "PayPal’s heavy-handed approach to fraud prevention meant that it routinely declined legitimate payments, costing its merchant customers business. And its customer service could be Kafkaesque" but my continuing experiences don't indicate ANY progress along that line.

What have you guys heard, (and If I could delete my account, boy I would in a flash, it really sucks)?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.