Account Reset Problem With Old Phone Number

gokceng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I have an account which was created in 2013. When I entered my password, I was asked to reset my password. I tried to reset my password, then I have been asked to enter some security details, like code from my e-mail, registered phone number etc. I don't have access to that phone number at the moment and even though when I used the code which is sent to my e-mail, I'm being asked to enter the code from SMS or the security questions' answers.

I had a phone conversation with PayPal on 017617395 and the lady on the phone said she can only help with accounts created in UK. I live in Ireland, not in UK at the moment and my account was created in Turkey.
As far as I know, PayPal doesn't work in Turkey anymore and I couldn't find any contact information regarding this issue. How should I proceed with this problem?
Thank you...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @gokceng,

Welcome to the community and I appreciate your frustration here. If you are still having problems with this, I can only suggest you try reaching out to our phone support again. For security reasons, we would need to verify all of your details before having this looked into. You may need to request that the old account is closed on your behalf. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.