Account Limited / Account Verification

Essendonbc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, any help much appreciated.

We are a small Incorporated Sporting Club. Essendon Baseball Club.

We got a msg to we needed to verify our account.

I filled out all the details requested, Business details, office bearers etc. I also included  a copy of a Government document. It was our ASIC registration form which included all our details as the verification asked for.

I processed it. After a couple of days or so I received a reply that "PayPal could not confirm our identity document. That is in despite of it containing all information required. 

It asked that we submit another document ie Certificate of Incorporation. Whilst we did not still have a copy of original certificate, so we instead sent a copy of the latest Annual Statement to Consumer Affairs as per the Incorporation Act. The document contained all info concerning our club, including Asic reg number, ABN number etc

I submitted it via the details in the resolution center.

That was several days ago.

Today I received a reply saying "PayPal Appeal Denied" my thought were WTF, "we were not appealing anything" We just submitted the details they requested each time.

It said 

" Based on our review of documentation provided by you and information available through third party sources, we have identified your business entity is, or may be, "bankrupt/deregistered/struck-off/under administration/in liquidation/under receivership". If this is not the case, please submit evidence that your business entity registration has been restored" If this is not the case, please submit evidence that your business entity registration has been restored.

Getting quite peeved off at this stage, but I quite calmly continued on. The has never been any problem whatsoever with our club and I cannot understand why this is happening with out club.

Determined to try and get a resolution to why they have done this. 

I next paid for and received an extract from Consumer affairs of our Incorporation Details. This includes our Registration # , Registration Date (1993), and the rest of the normal info.

NOW

They said "If this is not the case, please submit evidence that your business entity registration has been restored" (NOT THAT THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG".

It said I could go to the Resolution Centre and submit a copy of any documentation.

When I go to Resolution Centre It does not show my anyway that I can upload the document.!!!!!!!!! 

I try to find out via their help page and it does not have an answer or suggestion that I could contact any person to discuss problem. I go to the msg centre in at least an attempt that I could email my situation details. It does not let me create a msg, It just sends me to the help pages.

It then dis-plaid a saying that our account is now shutdown due as we have not confirmed our account. It has not only locked any withdrawal but also the current fund will be held for 180 days before we will be given an option to retrieve the funds.

At the moment PayPal go to the top of "the incompetent numb-nuts pile" 

All and any help appreciated how I can contact someone in the "PayPal Compliance Department"

We are located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Yours

Gary  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Essendonbc
Contributor
Contributor

Follow UP

This is the information displayed in our account 

We're unable to continue offering our services

Thank you for using PayPal as your payment partner.

Unfortunately, we are unable to continue offering our services to you at this time due to the nature of your business and the risk it poses to PayPal.

If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money in your PayPal account to refund them.

Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to withdraw your money.

Gary
Essendon Baseball Club
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.