Account Limitations

jadyer
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited for multiple weeks. I have followed all the steps and nothing. Paypal has sent me no email to respond to.

Paypal stated:

• We've sent you an email asking for more information, or
  • We're reviewing your case, and we'll email you with our decision, usually within 3 business days. 

Paypal has not sent me an email asking for more information, and it has been well over 3 business days.

I cannot buy shipping for my eBay items sold because I cannot spend the money in my account!

Please help!!!! What do I have to do to fix this issue!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Christinag126
New Community Member
I had the same problem In June due to someone fraduelently attempting to add a bank account. Submitted ID verification, address verification, faxed as well per there process- nothing... Called with a code 3x's with a wait of 1.5 hours each time. Never had my call picked up. Sent several emails. So disappointed in this horrible response and customer service considering it is a potential identity theft issue. Been a customer for many years. They still email me to resolve "my issues". I only want account closed at this point but can't even do that as my access is "limited". It's a horrific loop of frustration. So I guess I just wait till someone wipes out my bank account or charges up my credit card. Hoping maybe they actually read this forum and then maybe I will receive some type of response- but I'm not getting my hopes up.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jadyer

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Christinag126
New Community Member
I had the same problem In June due to someone fraduelently attempting to add a bank account. Submitted ID verification, address verification, faxed as well per there process- nothing... Called with a code 3x's with a wait of 1.5 hours each time. Never had my call picked up. Sent several emails. So disappointed in this horrible response and customer service considering it is a potential identity theft issue. Been a customer for many years. They still email me to resolve "my issues". I only want account closed at this point but can't even do that as my access is "limited". It's a horrific loop of frustration. So I guess I just wait till someone wipes out my bank account or charges up my credit card. Hoping maybe they actually read this forum and then maybe I will receive some type of response- but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Login to Me Too

Jbuck76
Contributor
Contributor
I have account limitations for days now I submitted identification and sent email nothing very frustrated!!! I need help in getting this limitations off my account.someone help what type of company doesn't help there customers???
Login to Me Too

chronometers
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my account limited for over 8 days due to an erroneous Infringement report submitted in UK for an eBay listing.  Brand Risk Management has not been helpful and keeps asking me for information I have already provided.  Finally they told me to contact the claimant and have them withdraw the claim.  After 8 days of not being able to conduct business!!  Does Paypal's employees realize what it is like to have your ability to run a business shut down for 8 days?  For an error none the less!  

Terrible business practise!

Login to Me Too

ronkate1717
New Community Member

Everyone should DUMP paypal for their stupid actions causing people to almost lose their business

so if we ALL DUMP paypal they themselves will be looking for a job.

let's see how they like it.

Keep it up Paypal blocking everyone...your now coming closer to looking for a new job.

Login to Me Too

Enchantedboutiq
New Community Member
If ebay gave more options other than paypal I am sure they would have no customers 🤦🏼‍♀️
Login to Me Too

soni8
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found any solution yet as I also got an email for trademark infringement and they are asking for unreasonable amount of 2000$ for a product which was never sold but listed in the past but not at the time of filling. They intentionally registered the Chinese logo for a product which was already selling in the market for a long time, so that they can sue others and make money out of it. 

Login to Me Too

ShainaMae

After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you're in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. As a result, your account is now permanently limited.

Please remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also removing the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart.

Per the User Agreement, PayPal may permanently limits your account due to violation of our Acceptable Use Policy. From the date of this email, any funds in your account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll contact you with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account if there's no outstanding legal issue on your account.

You still remain liable for all obligations related to your account. Should your account balance falls below zero as a result of any chargebacks, reversals or claims, you'll need to settle the full amount owed to PayPal to avoid further action.

Customers who are permanently limited for violating the Acceptable Use Policy are not permitted to use PayPal services and are not permitted to open new or additional PayPal accounts.

You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Login to Me Too

Kingbasem
Contributor
Contributor
I sold something on eBay and the buyer was happy next think I know they put limitations on my account I sumbted the documents I called they told me 24 hours then the chat told me one week every rep keeps saying different thing it’s been two days and saying for review they need to fix it they need to fix that bug it’s unfair I use my business on PayPal Ught really come on please fix it fast eff
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.