Account Help

Telikott
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am the Mother of the boy who owns this PayPal account, I have a few questions to ask as he has refused to stop bugging me about these questions:
1) Can his PayPal be banned due to an autocorrect in his name that he is unable to fix
2) Is he allowed to own this PayPal if I manage everything that comes in and out of this account
3) Due to the fact he does not have any license is it possible for me to use mine instead as a replacement for now

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Telikott 

Yes you have to have your legal name on your account you can change it however for 2 minor typos.

A personal account is in 1 persons name and its against paypal rules to allow another access to the account.

If he is under 18 the account would be banned as soon as he had to verify or receive funds.

No.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Telikott
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am back to reply to the statement and answers, I am here to say that I allowed him to create a PayPal and I am currently in control of it as a mother, He has been stressing a lot recently and he doesn't want to lose the funds, I was somewhat sure the account he had was a student account, but apparently it is not?

Is there anyways I can negotiate with PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Telikott 

It doesn't matter if you allowed him to have a paypal account or not, its against paypal rules to have a paypal account under 18, there is no such thing anymore as  a student account.

Sadly just because you are his mother does not mean you can negate paypal rules for him.

Underage users can't use paypal accounts or access any funds until they are 18 when paypal 'may' allow them to open a new account and transfer the funds across OR withdraw from the existing account x1 (it would stay limited) and they may not allow him to open another account, only c.s. decides that.

You can of course contact customer services and they 'may' allow you to transfer the funds to a paypal account in your own name if you can provide them with proof of your relationship....thats an outside chance that occasionally works.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

feevilah
Contributor
Contributor

You seem to be very knowledgeable regarding Paypals rules and restrictions. 

Sincerely,

Feevilah

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

feevilah
Contributor
Contributor

I understand advice is voluntary but I actually have a legit problem. 😞 My Paypal account was hacked and an $1100 coat was purchased. I have the address where it was shipped and the company insists it was I who ordered it even though I dont even know nor have done any business with this company or any like it as I dont order things online through Paypal. I have provided proof to Paypal several times and have now opened a police investigation with the SPVM which is where the company and coat were shipped to. Any advice? Ive appealed twice and phoned Paypal. The lady on the phone believed me and tried to help but the appeal was still denied.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.