A phishing email from service paypal.com?

Schimiter
Contributor
Contributor

4356456.png

I got this email today. It was sent from <removed> - the exact same address they used to send me notification whenever I made a purchase - so I trusted the email and clicked the link. Soon I realized it was a scam as it redirected me to a random Chinese advertising website. Is my email compromised along with my personal paypal information? I turned off my browser immediately and I didn't type anything on that link, but this concerns me a lot. I thought one cannot have duplicate email address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Schimiter,

Welcome to our Community Forums! In these situations it may be better to be safe than sorry. I'd recommend updating your passwords for your PayPal and email accounts. You may also want to run a quick virus scan on your computer and clear the cache / cookies from your browser. After that, just monitor your accounts for any other suspicious activity. Please also forward that email to spoof@paypal.com.

Thanks for reaching out!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Schimiter,

Welcome to our Community Forums! In these situations it may be better to be safe than sorry. I'd recommend updating your passwords for your PayPal and email accounts. You may also want to run a quick virus scan on your computer and clear the cache / cookies from your browser. After that, just monitor your accounts for any other suspicious activity. Please also forward that email to spoof@paypal.com.

Thanks for reaching out!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.