2FA for Business Account

Quentine
New Community Member

How should one go about setting up 2FA for Business accounts? It's really easy for personal accounts but I can't for the life of me find any way to set it up for business accounts.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

xiaohua
Contributor
Contributor

Agree!  This is extremely frustrating... if Authenticator app is "safe" enough for personal accounts, why can this not be enabled for business accounts?  And why only allow a phone number to be registered to a single Paypal account for the purposes of 2FA?  Really makes me think Paypal is not a good business solution. 😞

Login to Me Too

Markus123
New Community Member

@xiaohua Agree on both points.

Paypal is huge but still they can't even get basic security features right. -- Guess it will take 10 years before we see proper webauthn.

Also the phone number thing... Do I really need to get a separate business phone to secure my private and my business account? So much for BYOD.

This is just lazy.

Login to Me Too

Markus123
New Community Member

@kernowlass 

The page you're looking for is no longer available.

Login to Me Too

RedTarantula
New Community Member

Log in to your PayPal account from your mobile's browser. Under the three dots on the left side of the page, you'll find it. Three dots -> Settings->Your profile-> log in and security -> 2 step verification. But someone from the customer service told me that PayPal doesn't offer 2FA for the business account holders and they will disable 2FA in the future even if you have enabled 2FA somehow. If they do, I'll have to delete my account because I've submitted all the bank and personal details that even any government authority would ever ask for.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.