2FA does not remember any devices.

d0g0
Contributor
Contributor

On every device I use (several Macs, Android phone) and on every browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.), PayPal asks me to enter a 2FA code EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in. I have now disabled 2FA, because it's such a nuisance, because your system fails to remember any device. It's a shame i have to compromise my security because of this.

I've contacted support nearly a dozen times, and no one on your team seems to be able to comprehend the issues. Absurd. Why can't I speak to a supervisor or someone who can understand English?

I click "Don't ask for codes on this device" and it has no effect. Every single login requires a code. Including the Android app.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MightyMirko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i have the same problem. Not one single device would remember me..

Now, ive just logged in to reply and it seems to work now.. lets see

Login to Me Too

TheAndyMac
Contributor
Contributor

Any update from PayPal on this? Is it using third party cookies (and therefore often being ignored) or something?

Login to Me Too

MightyMirko
Contributor
Contributor

It does not work again.. since 3 months iam back to continous 2fa for login.

I tried to use "another method" (SMS) and it kept me logged in. Maybe some1 else can try this?

Login to Me Too

AndersH
Contributor
Contributor
It's even more annoying because occasionally on Android, swapping away from the browser to get a code loses the PayPal checkout process. So this is harming vendors who use PayPal in the form of lost sales.
Login to Me Too

TheAndyMac
Contributor
Contributor

Still no fix - if it is never going to work, simply take the check box to "remember this device" off - or provide information if certain cookie and third party cookie exceptions are needed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.