2FA - Two Factor Authentication

Johnkenz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, How to activate Two Factor Authentication?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

heydonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Yup. Not available in NZ either. 😞 

And if I try to set a mobile PIN, it gives me an error as well.

Login to Me Too

phuzi
Contributor
Contributor

Given that PayPal is a member of the FIDO Alliance I would have thought that they would have implemented FIDO U2F and allow people to use security keys.

Also given that they haven't enabled TOTP (Time-based One Time Password) I'm not going to hold my breath either. Shame on you PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Ptitvert
New Community Member

In Switzerland no 2FA security too... No FIDO physical keys or neither OTP...

Shame that there is this Countries restrictions... especially on this field... really a shame!

Login to Me Too

poverway
Contributor
Contributor

How do I disable 2FA?  After 18 years, I'm suddenly finding I can't use PayPal unless I'm at home...or willing to use 2FA which is not secure and I abhor it anyway.  I can enter my payment info with web vendors and pay on line without 2FA, unless I'm using PayPal.  So, PayPal is has become useless to me.  

Login to Me Too

samuel-t
Contributor
Contributor

Common PayPal - providing 2FA is nothing else then standard for web apps these days, especially when it comes to real money. Please setup this feature for all countries asap, this is a serious security issue.

Login to Me Too

advancedasia

Not available too in my country Malaysia as I cannot find it anywhere. It was a very important security service. Its a pity as an international global company, didn't standardized security options.

Login to Me Too

StanStar7
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see any options in my profile to activate 2FA.  There is only a list of security questions that can be updated.  This of course is totally worthless in terms of security.

Login to Me Too

danielv1984
New Community Member

In this age, SMS 2FA is not good enough. Phone numbers can be ported without owner consent. Albeit illegally, but it still can be done. 

Why are there not other options for 2FA? 

Login to Me Too

VictorHerrera
New Community Member

I'm really concerned this hasn't been implemented yet after apparently people asking for it for years... This is not some minor thing people are asking for, this is basic security for web...

Login to Me Too

heydonkey
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely agree! I hope it’s coming to you shortly - it was enabled in NZ a month or two ago and I activated it immediately!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.