2FA Not Working

nubchai
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All.  I have my account set up so that I get a text message with a 6-digit code sent to my phone every time I log into Paypal.  Today I noticed that after I entered my password, I was logged in. No 2FA check (text massgae with code).  So I checked under Security and 2FA was turned on.  After confirming it wasn't working, I turned it off. Then I turned it on again and selected a 2FA code through Google Authenticator. I verified the entry through Authenticator.  Then I logged out and then logged on again. Once again after I entered my password I was logged on to my account. No 2FA prompt.

So have I been hacked? Has Paypal been hacked? Does Paypal have a problem they're not aware of?  It's impossible to get in touch with customer service.  Since this is an account access issue, I'd like to resolve this as quickly as I can. Any thoughts? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dsantina
New Community Member

It was working for me yesterday and today I found it weird that it didn't require the 6-digit code. I'm looking under settings and there is no mention of 2FA anywhere anymore.

Login to Me Too

nubchai
Contributor
Contributor

Dsantina look for two factor authentication.  I had the same problem. I made sure 2FA was turned on and it still didn't work. Then suddenly yesterday it started working again. So I think PP had some sort of problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.