2-step varification for all account purchases

GrumSpinach
New Community Member

A relative has my account details setup in their phone.  To ensure that permission is given for any purchases I want to use two-step verification.  I've done that for the account, but my account is set up on her gmail account to which I do not have access (and for reasons I won't go into it's challenging to obtain it).  Currently she is able to make purchases without seeking my approval.  Can I revise settings in my PayPal to require verification on purchases from her account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GrumSpinach
New Community Member

On further checking in Settings I found that she was set up with pre-approved payments which I could remove, and have now done so.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

Hi there @GrumSpinach,

Is the PayPal account under your name or your relatives name? If it's under your relative's name, it would essentially be their PayPal account. I recommend removing your financials and creating your own PayPal account with your name and email address to avoid unwanted payments on your cards/banks. 

If the PayPal account is listed under your name, I recommend updating the email address and changing your password and security questions for your security. Once your credentials are updated, here's how to cancel/edit subscriptions. I hope this helps!

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.