€1899 was stolen from me

james1572
Contributor
Contributor
Two days ago I woke up to a message. It was a reciept from a shop in Austria (which I don't live in) that I supposedly bought something for €1899. It was supposed to be delivered to Munich, Germany. Also not my country. Right after that, I got a new mail from paypal that they're sorry that I've closed my account. I never made any payment, nor I've closed it. Such a amount completely destroyed me and my living right now as that is just a massive amount of money. I've contacted the shop and told them about the issue. I also contacted paypal support but I got just a bunch of auto generated messages and a suggestion that I should call paypal, which doesn't seem realistic since I'm not native english speaker and god knows how much money I'd spend on that call. Anyway, that shop canceled that order and yet didn't gave me the money back, saying that they can refund to the account the money was sent from only. And well...that account was deleted by the fetus that took my money with it. I'm in a panic mode 24/7, don't know what to do and my life turned into a disasterous mess. I don't think police would help since this was a heist made in three countries. I just don't know at all
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@james1572 

If they funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded any refunds will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@james1572 

Issued refunds are returned to original funding source. Arrival times may vary:  

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

Also check the transaction details, it should reference a refund transaction. If you do not see one, and it says its a pending temporary authorization then it should expire in no longer than 30 days and drop off from your account with funds released, even if the seller canceled the order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

james1572
Contributor
Contributor
Since my original account was closed I can't look into transaction details and it basically doesn't exist anymore. I created a new account under same e-mail though, but I don't think the refund will link to it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@james1572 

Doesn't go back to your paypal account, as both of us have told you if the seller issued a refund it would go back to the CARD used to fund that payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

james1572
Contributor
Contributor
That would be incredible, yet it still scares me so it seem almost unbelievable. Thank you tho
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.