uk financial ombudsman

ccinnz1
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody ever raised a complaint against paypal with the UK financial ombudsman?

If so I would be interested to hear how it went.

I can no longer access an historical account that has a reasonable amount of funds in it due to the introduction of PSD2 regulations.

I have spoken to, on the phone, and provided requested proof of ID in form of passport and drivers license, both have been rejected as not being sufficient but they refuse to tell me why.

I am now trying to communicate via the askpayal email address but they only respond back to the message centre, despite me advising in each email that I can't access this.

I have no more time to waste with paypal and hope the ombudsman may help.

Thanks

C

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ccinnz1 

Sounds odd, is the name on your paypal account your real legal name? Does it match the i.d. that you provided to paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ccinnz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it does.

I did, about 10 minutes, after posting receive an email from paypal saying that they could now pay my funds back into my linked bank account. Something they originally told me was not possible. Not sure if the timing of the email was coincidence or not.

This was a week ago and it has been silence since then. I have received emails from paypal saying I have new messages in my message centre, but despite constantly re-iterating to them why I can't access my account they then message me back to the message centre.

The gentlemen who originally emailed me has not replied to my emails asking when I can expect to have my funds paid back and nothing has arrived in my bank account.

I will email him again time later today and advise that if I hear nothing, nor receive my funds back within 48 hours, then I will have no other option than to take the matter to the financial ombudsman.

The whole thing is farcical in my opinion, and at the moment I have no confidence that I will receive my money.

C

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.