Why won't you answer the question instead of showing me of more People with the same problem?

FredClem
Contributor
Contributor

All I want to know is WHY a mobile phone number is required to sign in to my account. I do not own a mobile phone, nor do I intend to get one for the sake of using a credit card. It was NEVER that way when I signed up.
And please just answer the question. Do not lead me to go somewhere else or contact anyone else.

Thank You

Fred <removed>

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FredClem 

This is a community forum, if you want a 'why' ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jdh121908
New Community Member

it would have been more helpful if you told the person how to do that, instead of a smart **bleep** reply that has not got the relevant information people need. if you make that statement, wouldn't it have been more useful to say "how to reach customer service" . internet full of idiots, how do I speak to real person!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdh121908 

If you want to know how to contact customer services then feel free to ask.

Most folks know how to do that anyway so why waste my time posting it?

However a lot of posters don't realise that this is not customer services and they won't get Paypal policy answers on here so I direct them to customer services.

If you want to add how to contact customer services to the person that asked the question then feel free to do so or if you would like to know how to do so then ask ''nicely'' and someone may give up their time to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alycidon
Contributor
Contributor

I've successfully used my landline number, you just get the verification code verbally.

Peter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.