Verifying account

Mob2396
Contributor
Contributor

Must I have an international passport to verify my account? Can't I use my National Identity Number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Mob2396,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

It depends on your country, but usually, we require as proof of identity a driver’s license, passport or passport card, state or government-issued ID. If that is not the case, to contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Mob2396,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

It depends on your country, but usually, we require as proof of identity a driver’s license, passport or passport card, state or government-issued ID. If that is not the case, to contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Mob2396
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Cristina. Also, I will like to ask how long does it take to verify an account after initiating the verification process. Mine has lasted 3 working days now (although since last week Saturday). I haven't got the PayPal code and the $1.95 has been deducted. I read online that there could be issues if billing address of card differs from the address used in the paypal account. I need help on what to do.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Mob2396,

You're correct, your billing addresses not matching can sometimes cause issues, but the time frame for the charge can vary. It can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement after the charge is initiated. Have you reached out to your card company to check if they've received the code? I would definitely advise reaching them to see what information they may have. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mob2396
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_AshleyM, I finally got the code. What I did was to reach out to my bank help account (accessbank_help) on twitter, and they were able to get the code for me after I gave them the transaction details and my account number in DM. Just like you said, if the code doesn't appear as expected, the best bet is to contact the bank agents or customer care representative to help out. Thank you. My account is now verified.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.