The app says that my password is wrong, but it's correct

RonJohn2
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the website for years from my PC, and logging in works just fine.  But when I try to log in from my iPhone (both the web site and the app), it rejects me.  "Some of your info isn't correct.  Please try again."

The password is correct, because I click the Show button and confirm that it's the same password.

Please help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi RonJohn2,

Thanks for posting about this issue. 

It sounds like there may be an issue with the app on your phone. I recommend removing the app and adding it back on from the store. This will remove any saved issues. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

RonJohn2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response.

I have the same problem with the web site (Chrome, if it matters) on the iPhone, so "reinstall the app" doesn't seem a valid solution.

Note that it DOES work from Safari.

Sincerely,

Ron

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RonJohn2,

Thank you for that update. The fact that it does work from Safari and does not work from the app or Chrome would indicate that there may be something awry with the browser and the app as it relates to the login. Please also try clearing Chrome's cookies and cache and restart the browser and see if that clears out the bad information. 

Thank you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

wazgilbert
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem with the keychain password that works on safari, does not work on iOS. Was this problem ever solved?
Login to Me Too

RonJohn2
Contributor
Contributor

No.  I took the path of least resistance and sent the money via Zelle.  Then deleted the PayPal app.

Login to Me Too

Phanixis
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem with the Google Play store on my Samsung JT3.  My username and password works fine on my desktop and laptop, but I am told it is the wrong password when I try to log into Paypal through Google Play store.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.