Spam text?

Dmurdoch47
Contributor
Contributor

I received a text from [Removed: Telephone numbers not allowed] “PayPal:A card payment has been made visit:[Removed: Links Not Allowed]  to remove any pending restrictions.”

It looks very suspicious, can anyone confirm please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hi @Dmurdoch47,

The information you provided does appear to be a phishing link. I would recommend deleting those texts and blocking that number. If you ever need to verify your PayPal account activity, just visit the PayPal website and log in. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hi @Dmurdoch47,

The information you provided does appear to be a phishing link. I would recommend deleting those texts and blocking that number. If you ever need to verify your PayPal account activity, just visit the PayPal website and log in. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Dmurdoch47
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I tried the link from an old phone and it was blocked by the spam filter.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.