Security check - Verify your account

DefaultAvatar
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get passed the security check as I have recently changed my phone number and did not update my paypal account with my new phone number. It's now comeback a bitten me in the backside.

How do I get around this? How can I get access to my paypal account?

The computer I'm trying to login from is my home desktop and I have been using it for years to login to paypal. Now it seems that it's an unrecognised device... This isn't the first time paypal has done this, everytime I try to login from my desktop I have to go through this charade. Luckly, the previous times it's kicked up a fuss my phone number was correct.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi DefaultAvatar,

I can see why this would be frustrating. In order for us to assist you with resolving this issue, we would first need you to reach out to our customer support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook. Once you've reached out, we'll be able to review your PayPal account and offer further assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi DefaultAvatar,

I can see why this would be frustrating. In order for us to assist you with resolving this issue, we would first need you to reach out to our customer support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook. Once you've reached out, we'll be able to review your PayPal account and offer further assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Borzoi
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal asked for my phone number to send a text so I can log in. I am in Mexico and there are not enough spaces to enter the country code or a cell phone code. Then the solution tells me to go to the Paypal Facebook site and it is in Spanish. I DO NOT READ OR SPEAK SPANISH.

Great isn't it? It won't let me enter a Mexican cell phone number because I guess extra spaces for numbers cost too much. Those blanks are expensive.

It knows I am in Mexico and sends me to a Spanish site and I DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH.

Do they really think everyone in a country speaks the same language? Do we not have a choice of languages?There are over 500,000 English speakers living full time in Mexico and most of us do not speak Spanish.

What happened to Paypal? It was an intelligent company but now it must have high school dropouts in charge who are **bleep** up everything up as much as possible.

I will have to go back to using my bank card since Paypal wants to mess this up as much as possible and make me waste a few hours trying to pay for an order.

Login to Me Too

fvella
New Community Member

hi

im having the same security check come up and i used my account only 6 days ago from the only computer i have been using for paypal in over 10 years ?

what is this ?

is this a scam?

Login to Me Too

LabRat2
Contributor
Contributor

I too cannot get into my PayPal account. Even after calling and actually getting a flesh-and-blood person to talk to. The Cust. Service woman sent me an email, told me the 5-digit number to type into the box and then told me I was reset. I then backed out of the screen, rebooted and tried to get into my account again. It didn't work. After I put in my new password I got a screen that said it needed to verify me by my phone number; but the one that's in there no longer exists, so I tried to add my new number, but it would not let me...it just put me in a loop that could possibly drive me to drink!

HELLLLLP!!!!

Login to Me Too

tlb5859
Contributor
Contributor

I too cannot login to my account from mobile app. Online is fine. I just uninstalled app and am going to reinstall. Hopefully this stops the problem.

**UPDATE**

I reinstalled and it let me login with password, AND pin.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

robbo21
Contributor
Contributor

I have had to open a new account again as cant get into others, one not been used for very long time and security answers says wrong. Cant do phone numbeer txt msg either on either as number has changed again and forgot to change. It's so annoying when try call help desk and they need a security number which is on page, as too which I cant login anyway so have can I give the number. I need other 2 accounts closed down soon as possible, as I want to sell something so had to do new account with new email address. Hope somebody can help on this thing here as frustraiting now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.