Reporting and Balancing my account

lastolive
Contributor
Contributor

I balance all my payment providers and banks monthly and PayPal makes me so crazy. I find the reporting extremely difficult to use. I'm hoping I'm just missing some report that will help. I would like to find something like a bank type statement.

As it stands I know I can get either too much detail with the Activity Report or too little with the Financial Summary. I know I can go and look at transaction types such as refunds by category for any period, but then there's no option to export the information. This is especially problematic with payments received because we receive so many and they don't even always all show up because so few come up on each page. If I go to the Activity Report, it's a pain to try to separate out the transaction types if I need to add them up.

This month I spent hours and hours trying to match the Activity Report to the Financial Summary. That reporting for when we use PayPal to buy something where they take it out, put it back and then take it out again is a nightmare if it happens at month end and hits both months. And then they hide that in Other on the Financial Summary. Can anybody help me understand what report might simplify this process? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.