Paypal putting mother and children at risk during covid 19 in red zone

Ohcheesy
New Community Member

Hello I am a single mom from Mexico, I made the single the most deadly mistake in my life when i signed up for paypal.  I have 2 children 3 and 5 I am a single women an a civil rights attorney in Mexico where most of my clients are charity work. Through our church, I try and help out where I can, However i to need to eat and take care of my children. I decided maybe it would be easy to get funds it I opened paypal and did everything online since my bank is hours away from our pueblo. I made a mistake finding out that my pay pal account I opened up is in Italy not Mexico or somewhere different, SO i contacted help and they told me to cancel my account and open in Mexico . Big mistake listening to the thieves that I believe decided to keep my funds. You see if you have a Mexican bank card the only way to verify it in wherever country they are in we have to get a code send to our banking statement , For us at my bank you have to go into the branch to get a full account statement mine is 3 to 4 hours away on a crowded bus. I sent a copy of identification, banking and card to paypal and they still ask the same after i explained how hard that would be and risky to take my children on the bus we are in red zone for covid AND NEED TO EAT THEY HAVE ACCOUNT BLOCKED I HAD TO BORROW 35 USD FROM MY FRIEND TO GO AND OFF WE WENT THIS MORNING ONLY TO RETURN NOW, There was not one code or payment or with draw from paypal it was a lie and now i have just risk my children and myself where vaccines haven't even been heard . They go to my account and say that there is no suspicious activity and wont even let me transfer my money out they are crooks , We may be a small town but it is a small town that almost all use paypal Until they seen the local news tonight

amd realize that when all clients close account for their lack of sympathy and ignorance that they are moving to another them maybe they can wake . I will make sure at the table to night during the blessings of our bread we will make sure to thank paypal when the children ask mom where is the meat 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JHart98
Contributor
Contributor
I'm truly sorry to hear this. I'm currently waiting for funds I deposited last Thursday to be transferred to my bank account so I can use it without PayPal putting limitations on my account. The verification process in which PayPal deposits an withdraws money from your bank account can take weeks before it shows up on your bank statement. Had the same problem when I first made my PayPal plus account, took 3 weeks after I applied for PayPal plus account for it it to link to my bank account. I am very sorry about your situation, I do understand the frustration about Paypal's security. It's a slow process, but it works when done correctly.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ohcheesy 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

For some odd reason you have opened a Spanish paypal account ???

User Ohcheesy: Spain Personal Account

You can't use another countries paypal account as it would never work for you and calling paypal thieves because you opened a Spanish and not a Mexican paypal account won't change that.

You need to ask the senders of the funds to open disputes to get their money back and then get them to send it to a paypal account you open in Mexico.

Most folks in the world manage to click on the drop down box when they register and select their own country correctly sadly if you did not manage that its your fault and not paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.