No Mobile Phone Support Tell Me To Download App To Computer.

AZ109
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a mobile to receive text messages to complete two-step verification.

The land-line "Ring Me" option doesn't work, never rings.

CS told me to download the App. to my home computer , then it will work.

I can't find any way to download the App. without logging-in to my account (Not possible, no mobile).

Does anyone know how to do this???????

Please don't suggest "Buy a mobile phone". 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AZ109 

As you need a mobile phone to log in from now on then yes you would need to add one to your paypal account once you have regained access or you will have this problem everytime.

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AZ109
Contributor
Contributor

To be clear, what you are saying is that the "Ring Me" landline option does not exist and in future the only way I can log-in is with a mobile? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AZ109 

All I am saying is that if you do not add a mobile phone then you may have issues in the future, so as this is a user to user advice forum that is my advice.

But if you want to hear it from Paypal then read Paypal Rachaels comment on this thread.

Scroll to last post on this page of link.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Phone-number-changed-can-t-log-in/m-p/2032677#M65272

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AZ109
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the link to Rachel's post.  I can't help but notice that it was posted in February 2020 and things have not improved 16 months later.

Paypal is still in breach of FCA guidelines which require ALL firms to offer alternatives to complete SCA without the use of a mobile.  

Perhaps it's about time that PP came clean.  Announces publicly that it is now usable only to those with a mobile and closes the accounts of those who don't want, don't have or don't have access to signals.  Rather than just carry on ignoring the problem and prolonging everyone's misery as they try futilely to get into their account.  

But I suppose PP would have to return the account balances if it did that.

Not impressed at all by an on-line payment processor that cannot set up some alternatives when so far as I know every other finance company in the UK has done so, often with multiple alternatives to chose from.

I think my next move will be a call to the FCA to put my concerns on their records.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.