Need 2 Delete Recurring Merchants

KingRay
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure why some merchants end up recurring when I'm only making purchases from them, but I need a way to delete them if I want to. I've had a name-change problem for years.  PayPal won't deal with it, a couple of merchants won't deal with it, and everybody is pointing fingers at each other.  Meanwhile, I end up seeing the wrong name when it gets passed on to my bank.  If I could delete the merchant from PayPal, then I can delete PayPal on the merchant end and all would be reset.  PayPal leaving those accounts around after I cancel them doesn't cut it, because if I enable them, it will do so with the same problem.

Again, Google doesn't have a revolving account with me, so they shouldn't end up on the recurring list.  Even a single purchase of a merchant is being interpreted as recurring because of whatever data the merchant is passing to PayPal.  It should not be this way at all.  We consumers should be in control of this, not the merchant or PayPal. It's our money making them money.

PayPal has terrible customer service, because they don't have an option to choose for things like this and won't help because of their limited options for support.  I want to find an alternate method for paying recurring merchants (not this particular issue), and cut PayPal out of the picture if they're going to treat customers inefficiently.  Unfortunately, some merchants I use only have PayPal as an option, else I have to put my credit card in their database.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

KingRay
Contributor
Contributor

Finally reached someone in customer support who is the only one that can delete merchants!  I was never asking to disable or cancelling them, because I already did that.  I needed a way to cause the merchant to establish whatever they do with PayPal, and get the correct name for me with the new connection to PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingRay 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KingRay
Contributor
Contributor

That only allows to Cancel, Disable or Enable, not delete.  The only way I can reset the account associated with Google is to get rid of that merchant altogether.  I know how to get to that part of PayPal, but the option to remove them isn't there.  Because they're being morons on their end (Google), I have to handle this on my end.

Login to Me Too
Solved

KingRay
Contributor
Contributor

Finally reached someone in customer support who is the only one that can delete merchants!  I was never asking to disable or cancelling them, because I already did that.  I needed a way to cause the merchant to establish whatever they do with PayPal, and get the correct name for me with the new connection to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.