Mobile phone number

Teags
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Currently travelling overseas to multiple countries. Currently in Europe. I can’t make a payment as my account asks for me to confirm a code using my mobile phone number. Although I’ve been travelling for over a year now and it’s not in service I believe. Is there a way around the number part?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teags 

Paypal is country specific so if you start to use it in another country without informing paypal before you go traveling then they need to confirm its you and not a scammer that has hijacked your account and using it in another country.

The easiest way is to send a text to your paypal registered / linked phone, if you can't do that then you may have to phone customer services and verify your id. via your security questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teags 

Paypal is country specific so if you start to use it in another country without informing paypal before you go traveling then they need to confirm its you and not a scammer that has hijacked your account and using it in another country.

The easiest way is to send a text to your paypal registered / linked phone, if you can't do that then you may have to phone customer services and verify your id. via your security questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.