Login to my account

in0ri
New Community Member

I have been trying to login to my account (with the right poassword) and I have not been able to login after having logged in a few times. I have not used paypal for a while and I have changed my PC  during that time so I needed to get this PC varified. However, the only option I had was the telephone verification (which had my phone number and I was able to comfirm this by logging into Paypal via the mobile app). However, I never go the call to enter the 4 digit security code. Now I am unable to log in, and as a result, I cannot contact help via email, the phone number 1-877 number doesn't seem to have anyone picking up (called at around 11:30 AM PST). Is there anyway I can get help to log into my own account? While I understand all these complicated procedures are to protect our own security, I am really frustrated at the lack of viable contacts for help when I really need it.  

Please and Thank you in advance. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@in0ri

You probably called at paypals busiest time, try calling first thing in the morning or just before they close.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@in0ri

You probably called at paypals busiest time, try calling first thing in the morning or just before they close.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Paul242
Contributor
Contributor

Opinion later.

FN

Login to Me Too

pooplr3

Yeah! Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

FWHALL
Contributor
Contributor

WELCOME TO PAYPAL. FLUSTRATED IS A MILD WAY OF SAYING PAYPAL SUCKS. I KNOW SECURITY IS NECESSARY BUT ITS REDICLOUS AS TO HAVE EVERY WAY OF CONTACTING THEM FOR HELP IS HIDDEN. THEY WANT US TO USE PAYPAL AND WHEN SOMETHING DOESN'T WORK GETTING HELP IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FWHALL

Hardly hidden, click on HELP AND SUPPORT bottom of every paypal page and you get the email option / phone option / community help / and on that community help you also get the option to send them a personal message via Facebook or Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gideon24
Contributor
Contributor
Why dont paypal want to accept my bank account
Login to Me Too

Meesha678
Contributor
Contributor

I have to disagree.  I have never had any problem contacting the personell at Pay Pal.  When I signed up, many years ago, I asked for and got a contact number.  I recorded it in the same book as the sign in information and password and question answers.  It works a charm.  I am in the eastern time zone and the hours are really great.

I'd also like to comment that the fraud department works a charm too.  Thanks for listening.

Login to Me Too

AjarnChan
Imagine what users outside the USA have to endure; even worse if like myself one lives in various locations during a typical year. In my case Thailand, UK, Canada & Bulgaria; not that I am rich, far from it, simply retired with several minimal homes in places where I once worked, or have family connections. But eventually all the frustrations do lead to a solution; albeit painfully slowly in the worst cases. Note: PayPal is extremely useful to Techie Nomads like myself; I couldn't cope without it. So a Big Thanks to the worldwide staff; who very professionally manage to retain their composure, while some of us rant and rave. 😉
Login to Me Too

Paul242
Contributor
Contributor

A agree 200%.

FN

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.