Locked account

michelewalker73
New Community Member
Has anyone received an email stating that your account has been locked?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michelewalker73 

If its a spoof, NEVER USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email link to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

My wonderful surprise from paypal with zero notice...

Blocked mine because Paypal doesn’t like 1 knife i sell in my third party store and have been selling for 10 years using paypal. 

You would think maybe an email first and ask to remove the offending knife (like its their business) before you take my money like a robber with a gun, but no...

they are a pitiful corporation!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Goodbye2day 

Except if you take the time to read the original posters post and my reply this may well be a spoof.

However you can sell what you like in your store, paypal are not stopping you, they are just stopping you use THEIR SERVICES which they have the right to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

I pay for THIER SERVICES Mr. Volunteer! For some reason they don’t volunteer their services hmmmm....

Since you are the resident expert how about you find the list of knives that are not allowed.

There must be a list right or how would i know i broke one of their precious policies?

Now if there isn’t a list i would say just taking my money without notice is low down underhanded pitiful business praticices that i, i mean WE pay for!

Yes I have chose a better solution for my business already just need to close this account!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Goodbye2day 

You 'paid' for their services when they chose to let you use their services Mr New Community Member!

You no longer pay for their services because they no longer want your business.

Guess they have the right to decide who to trade with and who not to the same as you do in your business.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

(k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can email PayPal's AUP Compliance Department at: <removed>.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

Same knife in the same store for 10 years with paypal taking payments INCLUDING taking payments four the offending knife. The closest being over a year ago..

Which i did email and asked the very same question i asked you, “where is this list”. Surprisingly no answer...

I’m betting they dont know!!

@kernowlass wrote:

@Goodbye2day 

You 'paid' for their services when they chose to let you use their services Mr New Community Member!

Guess they have the right to decide who to trade with and who not to the same as you do in your business.

If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can email PayPal's AUP Compliance Department at: <removed>.

Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Goodbye2day 

“They no longer want my business” i wonder how you have this information that is new to me?

Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Goodbye2day 

So now they chose me to pay them, not the other way around?

Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

May not be a spoof maybe my exact same experience, right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.