I can't add a new phone number.

wajdisawaged
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I needed to add my new US bank account to my PayPal. However, when I add my new bank details, it asks me to submit conformation code sent to my mobile. The mobile saved in my PayPal account is my overseas number that I don't have access to at the moment, so I wanted to add my new US phone number, but when I add the number and wait for my confirmation code, I don't receive anything to my mobile, so I'm not able to confirm my new mobile and as a result can't add a new bank account.

This is really urgent and important to my business, I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you so much in advance,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nuhjeea
Contributor
Contributor

Been having this problem for like two months now. Tried all advice suggested here, and on reddit and from their Facebook Support and emailed their official PayPal address but they don't respond or acknowledge or just give me the workaround. It seems they don't have any customer service reps working at all and just keep giving you automated crap.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wajdisawaged 

Paypal is country specific so have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.