How to change Primary email adrdess

Dnusha
New Community Member

Hello alll,

I have changed my email address and need to edit my old one.   I tried and paypal does not allow me to do so.  How can I edit it to apply my new email address?

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

truronian
New Community Member

Well, I added my new address, but it was marked 'unconfirmed' So I clicked on 'Update' and it asked if I wanted to confirm it. They then sent an email to the new address to which I had to respond. I did that and it took me back to Paypal where I had to reinsert my password and click on the box that said 'CONFIRM E MAIL ADDRESS' I did that and then back to the page ready to press 'edit' to make the new address my primary address. But the new address still said 'Unconfirmed'. I tried this whole procedure three times without success so I've given up. If they do now send an email to the 'primary' address it will just go out into the ether. Do I care? Well, I did, but now I've given up

Login to Me Too

Ropar
Contributor
Contributor

ElViejo
New Community Member

I did just as you suggested. Worked perfect. Thank you so much!!!!

Login to Me Too

Sasha1212
New Community Member
Called PayPal support You get an automated walk through. Mine did not work....hit 0 and got a live person.
BOOM....bang....done!
Login to Me Too

LeonardConner
New Community Member

Same problem I can ADD an email address but I no longer use my primary there's no place to change what the primary is. Must be common so why so complicated?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeonardConner

Its not >>

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Texascatlady
Contributor
Contributor
Have you tried accessing your old address account? Is all info intact? Thanks
Login to Me Too

mamaof2
Just wanted to put up a quick post for all of you who like me might have been struggling to change the primary email, well I solved it finally after trying for quite some time so I thought I would share. Go to the top of the page and click on notifications and from there you can click on your new email address to make it primary and then you can go to your profile and delete your old email, its really quite simple and I almost kicked myself haha anyways I hope this works for you
Login to Me Too

Suejill
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou thankyou thankyou !!! Tried all other solutions for ages to no avail - saw yours couple clicks and done !!

@mamaof2 wrote:
Just wanted to put up a quick post for all of you who like me might have been struggling to change the primary email, well I solved it finally after trying for quite some time so I thought I would share. Go to the top of the page and click on notifications and from there you can click on your new email address to make it primary and then you can go to your profile and delete your old email, its really quite simple and I almost kicked myself haha anyways I hope this works for you

@mamaof2 wrote:

Login to Me Too

bkind2animals
New Community Member

@mamaof2 wrote:

Thanks very much for sharing how you changed your primary email address.  PayPal screen said it could not be done, but using your easy instructions, I was able to do it!  Great help, thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.