How can I change my primary address

Peteringkarem
Contributor
Contributor
We have moved house changed all the addresses on the cards in the wallet but cannot change the home primary address on PayPal. Surely moving house doesn't mean deleting the PayPal account and then opening a new one? How do I change the primary address ? And how to I get PayPal interested in answering this simple question.? Luckily local delivery drivers have come to the rescue and know where we now live and where we used to live but honestly this is crackers.
Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

tinkerlouwho
New Community Member
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!!! I've been going nuts trying to figure this out!!! Your directions worked!!!
Login to Me Too

heartbeatgerman
Contributor
Contributor

stupid advise, edit option nor available or does not show up

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

If you have a card added to your account that is registered to your address on your Paypal account you will need to remove the card first then remove the old address.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Diane63
New Community Member

I see this question but no answers. I can't update my primary address until I update my card in wallet. Problem is there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Diane63,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

You should be able to edit your primary address by following the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Beside 'Address', click Update.
  4. Under the address you want to edit, click Edit.
  5. Edit address information and click Save

I'd advise making sure that you try to follow these steps by logging in from the desktop or mobile site rather than using the app. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Customer Support directly so we can help.

Hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

univeritas

This is crap! It's weeks I'm trying to this and I cannot change the coutnry in my address. It's soooooooooo frustating! And the default procedure you, Sophie, explain doesn't help at al!!!

Login to Me Too

Ali_P1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lance, but it seems they have now restricted access to the classic site, as I can't get it to load account details on classic site, only transaction details....

it seems that as recently as 2 days ago PayPal are still giving out the same standard, but wrong, details, and so I am not able to update my primary address following house move, despite my card details all being updated...

anybody got got alternative options to try?? Or PayPal - fancy actually giving out some advice that actually works instead of the standard garbage!  So far I've wasted over an hour of my life try into sort this out grrrrr.......

Login to Me Too

Roaie123
Contributor
Contributor

i have tried time after time to change my primary address as I have moved.  This is so complecated I have spend almost an hour to rectify.  It should be such a simple operation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.