Change Address on Existing Order?

cyclicaljester
New Community Member

Hi there - is there any way to change the address on an existing order? I have contacted the seller and they have agreed to hold the order until I can confirm the address. 

The situation is just one where I ordered an item, which is a present for someone who lives in the same house as me. I realised after ordering that I would prefer it get sent to a neighbour's house (with their constent) so I can hide the present until the recipient's birthday. I contacted the seller, they can't ship it to an address other than the PayPal address I used when checking out (this makes sense), so if I could change the address that would be excellent. Unfortunately there's no option to change it on the activity in PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Marina

Hi @cyclicaljester,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. If the transaction has already completed, it would be best for the seller to issue a refund. This will allow you to purchase the item again using the address you'd like it to be shipped to. Regrettably, we're unable to edit the address after a payment has completed since the seller is required to ship to the address that was provided during checkout.

I hope this helps!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.