Cannot Change From Business to Individual Account

VinceAHV
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm not sure how my account type became business in the first place, but I did not have a problem with it until yesterday. I tried purchasing through PayPal yesterday but I'm not allowed to since there are still business information required by PayPal from me. I've been trying to change my account from business to individual but I cant, since PayPal keeps asking for more information regarding my "business" which I don't have. How do I go about this? I need to change my account to individual, so that I may continue on transacting with PayPal. There are also no customer service agents available at the moment through their website, I also tried contacting their customer service number and still no response. Please help, Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VinceAHV 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.