Can’t access account

Nicola-shell27
New Community Member
As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you when you log in. Keep getting this message but can’t do anything about it because it’s the wrong mobile number and I can’t get in to change it
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Kiffin1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get a resolution to this yet ? I am in the same boat, no way of authenticating as the number is no longer active. 

Login to Me Too

mk_social
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a solution?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nicola-shell27 

@Kiffin1 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

guest4
New Community Member

Not working

Login to Me Too

sipelgas
Contributor
Contributor

Now how the **bleep** i ask the customer service if i can't login. ALL THAT NEEDS LOGIN IN PAYPAL PAGE LEADS TO THIS!

ITS INSANE HOW MUCH PEOPLES TIME CAN ONE COMPANY WASTE!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sipelgas 

Guess you didn't bother to read the bit in brackets after the phoning information then???

However I have now got other options for you to try if you choose to leave off the swearing / caps log shouting and politely ask.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sherkhannabi

How to solve this problem ? Anyone ?

Login to Me Too

david9234
New Community Member

I have the same problem already 4 years. I dont use facebook and I cant login back to paypal. Its just nonsense! Not that I am in a hurry to resolve it anytime soon. I prefer to use other services which are good alternative for paypal. Maybe one day when they start to read these reviews, they will notice 'us' - potential customers. Until then ... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.