TLS 1.2. Update Help

AEDevl
New Community Member

I have down loaded the Merchant-sdk-dotnet Samples from github. When building the Samples solution PayPalApiSample.VS.2010.sln on Visual Studio 2010 with 4.0 I get the following error:
The type PayPal.BasePayPalService is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to Assembly PayPalCoreSDK version 1.6.1.0. I downloaded the PayPalCoreSDK version from git hub and substituted it into the lib directory. With the 1.6.1 .net 4.0 dll the solution builds and runs. The problem is that I am trying to implement the TLS 1.2 requirements and that requires PayPalCoreSDK at the 1.7.1 level and above. When using any of the 1.7.1 dll's I get the error. Has anyone got the Merchant_sdk to compile with PayPalCoreSDK 1.7.1.  I also have the follwing questions:
My current implementation uses legacy SDK at the 1.4 level, and according to doc on the GIT hub TLSUpdate I must update the API to Merchant_SDK 2.1.
Is there dock anywhere that can guide me in migrating to Merchant SDK 2.1? Note current implementation is ExpressCheckout.
Do I need to change the PayPalAPIKey to use the Merchant SDK or can I use the same API key as under legacy code. 

Any help is much appreciated. 
Thank You

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.