subscribe button ipn

iobusp
Contributor
Contributor

We've been using the buy now button to allow our customers to make purchases monthly, but we've decided to switch to a subscribe system. I have 2 questions concerning the ipn:

1. Will we be notified each month when paypal pulls the payment through the ipn with the same basic values as the buy now button? (the 'custom', 'transaction_subject', and 'payer_id' fields are the only ones I'm worried about)

2. When they unsubscribe, will the ipn be used to notify us? If so, will the payer_id be sent then as well?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You will be notified each an event occurs.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

iobusp
Contributor
Contributor

"You will be notified each an event occurs."

thank you, am I to assume that I will recieve all of the appropriate fields that I asked about? and the unsubscribe will send me the payer id?

Login to Me Too

iobusp
Contributor
Contributor

I've tested a few times, I seem to be getting sent data from the ipn twice, similar but different, the first set seems to contain the variable "transaction_subject" which is where I recieved my value for my hidden field named "custom" from the buy now button, but the variable is empty....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.