sending an invoice in another language

NicoleRZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am a business member located in the US but I deal with clients in Italy and need to be able to send them invoices in Italian (so they can understand them). What can I do?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello NicoleRZ,

Welcome the the Boards.

When sending an invoice to a customer with an International PayPal account the invoice should translate to their language. I hope this helps.

Misty

Login to Me Too

NicoleRZ
Contributor
Contributor

Misty,

Thanks for the reply. Here's another obvious question... how do I know I have an international account? 🙂

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello NicoleRZ,

Whatever address you used to sign up for your PayPal account would determine what type of an account you have. When you send an invoice to an International PayPal account holder it will convert to their language. I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

nailyener
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem here. I live in Turkey and I use PayPal language settings as English. I prepared an invoice and all of it was in English when I sent. However, the person (from Canada) who received it said that he received it in Turkish.

Can you explain this please? How can I send English invoices? I couldn't find any options.

Thanks

Nail

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello All -

If the invoice is being sent to a PayPal account we will convert the language to the users account. If it's a non-PayPal account it will always appear in the merchant's primary language. It works like this it will pull the language cookie from the Internet Browser, then pull the Browser language preference and then the Merchants main language. I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.