sandbox mess

msvonangel93
New Community Member

I have joined about 4 parts of paypal, developer network and who knows what else. I have been trying to find a place to post and all I see is the x.com site that has no way to post a message. There are some to read, but not helpful. It recently came to my attention that there was a way to test your paypal buttons, so I created a sandbox account and a couple of fake users. I did this to find out if my buttons work. alas, sandbox does not do this. At least that's what I figured out. If I am correct, you can only create some fake buttons and test them with the fake buyers. That says nothing about the real website. Is that so??? I would like to know, since I don't want to waste anymore time.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello msvonangel93, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy.

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles. I am not sure what part of the x.com website you are going to, if you click here it will take you to the PayPal Developer Forum where you can ask questions in regards to testing your website buttons with Sandbox. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Sandbox certainly lets you test buttons.

The problem there, however, is that you need to create the button within Sandbox first, on the test seller accounts, and re-create it when you go live.

Hence testing buttons itself within Sandbox is not recommended.

The Sandbox is primarily used for testing more advanced features, such as IPN, PDT, our various API's (Application Programming Interfaces), etcetera.

You're free to use Sandbox, but its use in your particular case may be somewhat limited.

Luckily, since buttons are fairly straightforward, the only thing you really need to test when wanting to test buttons is whether they redirect to PayPal properly.

Once your buyer lands on the PayPal site, your job is done and it's up to us to process the payment.

Feel free to contact us directly in case you have any more questions about your buttons, or about Sandbox testing at https://www.paypal.com/mts/ (unfortunately, yes, another login is required for this website. This is because we support developers with and without a PayPal account alike.)

Hope this cleared it up!

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.