pull down menu

Candledelightst
Contributor
Contributor

How do you add more then 10 item on the pull down menu I need to add more then 550 item how do I do that?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to use "clear text" item button code.

The online button creator generates "hosted" item button code by default, has an item inventory feature and limits you to a maximum of 1,000 saved item code buttons.

The term "hosted" means that specific variables are stored on the PayPal Servers which in turn makes these variables tamper proof. Should you manually add or try to make changes to a "hosted" item button, the changes will be ignored or cause the code to fail. This same feature also limits your ability to customize the code for your specific needs.

You can create "clear text" button code or non-hosted button code online which can then be customized with additional code if desired because the code is not stored on PayPal's Servers. The use of clear text has many advantages as it is more flexible. Listed below are a few reasons for customization.

* Use java scripts.
* Pre-populate the PayPal Screens.
* Dynamically change specific variables such as the "amount" value.
* Need to create a lot of similar buttons using copy and paste.
* Need more that a 1,000 saved item code buttons.
* Require more than 10 text input boxes for Add to Cart Buttons.
* Require more than 2 text input boxes for Buy Now Buttons.
* Need quantity input or quantity selection options on your web page.
* Need amount input or amount selection options on your web page.
* Need to use a different verified email address other than your Account Primary address.
* Need check boxes.
* Need radio buttons.
* Need to customize Subscription Buttons.
* Need to customize Donation Buttons, i.e., add additional text input boxes, check boxes or radio buttons.
* Need a Text/Email or Hyperlink.
* Need to setup button templates.

You can use the the online button creator to save a little coding time. What you need to do is "uncheck" the option for "Save Button At PayPal" in Step 2. Then after you "Create" the button code, in the window that displays the code look for the link that says "Remove Code Protection". Select this link. Your code will be changed to clear text and is now ready for additional customization.

Now you can add the additional selections you need.  For example, here's an Add to Cart button with multiple dropdown selections, each with a different price.  You can find more examples and tips here.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.