my paypal button goes to paypal login...it was working

njvg
Contributor
Contributor

I put code on my web page im building for a button that when clicked whent to customer checkout...now it goes to the login page...have I done somthing wrong as it was working...any ideas?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello njvg, 

I put code on my web page im building for a button that when clicked whent to customer checkout...now it goes to the login page...have I done somthing wrong as it was working...any ideas?

Sometimes this happens when part of the code is missing from the original code that was copied and pasted from your PayPal account when the button was created. I would start by making sure the code is correct. Otherwise, if  you would like please post the website URL I would be glad to take a look.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

njvg
Contributor
Contributor

Misty, you were correct. I'm starting to get the hang of this now and you have been a considerable help to me...thankyou very much. My site is coming along well and I have generated some cart buttons. All I have to do now is wait for my bank statement to be sent to my new address as I have to lift the limit on my premier account and will need my statement as proof of address. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly with lifting the limit, but if I encounter any probs I will post something on here. Once again you have been very helpful...Thanks

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello njvg,

I am so glad to hear your website is coming right along, it can be a challenging process as you learn something new as you go along (this is the part I enjoy). You are very welcome, and I hope your bank statement comes soon and you are able to get it taken care of. Take care and Good luck.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

njvg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Misty, just a few more questions if I may.

I'm trying to download the jpeg files to PayPay with my proof of address and ID. I do all what is asked but keep going to an error page. I will find someone with a fax I think or do you have any advice?

My questions are this: 1.How long will it take for limits to come off?

2. What is this API thingy all about?...Idont really understand it and don't know what to tick, or even if I have to do it yet.

3.Also, I don't know if my website will work and generate sales (hopefully) so do not know what info to fill in on the paypal page that asks how much revenue I will be making...is this somthing I can do at a latter date?

Finally, on this message board I notice there are things called tags, and that also moderators like yourself get Kudos. do I give you kudos somehow by clicking somethin, as you have been very helpful?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello njvg,

I'm trying to download the jpeg files to PayPay with my proof of address and ID. I do all what is asked but keep going to an error page. I will find someone with a fax I think or do you have any advice?

The reason you may be getting an error when you try to send your proof of address and ID may be because you have reached the maximum amount of information you can send. I would suggest logging into your PayPal account and clicking on the Contact Us link and contacting PayPal directly and we can take a look at your account with you over the phone.      

My questions are this: 1.How long will it take for limits to come off?

When you contact PayPal directly I would ask if they can review your account to make sure we have everything we need and ask for a time frame your account will be reviewed.

2. What is this API thingy all about?...Idont really understand it and don't know what to tick, or even if I have to do it yet.

Are you trying to set up a Third Party shopping cart? If so, Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account, Click "Profile" near the top of the page, Click "My selling tool," Click "Update" beside "API Access," Click "Add or edit API permissions," Click "Grant API Permission" and follow the instructions and click "Submit."

3.Also, I don't know if my website will work and generate sales (hopefully) so do not know what info to fill in on the paypal page that asks how much revenue I will be making...is this something I can do at a latter date?

That is totally understandable. Yes, you can change it at a later date.

Finally, on this message board I notice there are things called tags, and that also moderators like yourself get Kudos. do I give you kudos somehow by clicking something, as you have been very helpful?

I am so glad I have been able to help you out here on the message boards and do appreciate you letting me know I have been helpful as that is always a good feeling. You can give anyone on the PayPal Forums a Kudos by clicking the little thumb image next to "Accept as Solution."

I hope I answered all of your questions. As always let me know if you have any other questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

njvg
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
Misty

Misty, you will be please to know that I have limits lifted, you have been very helpful...thankyou so much

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello njvg,

Yay!!!! That is great news. I will see you around the Community. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

njvg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again Misty,

So every thing looks OK,  I'm set to go and my site is on the web. Just a quick question: If I move home soon, which is very likely, and I change my home address in my profile settings, will paypal limit me again till i give them some proof of my  new home address? Obviously when I lifted my limits recently,with your help, I uploaded a photograph of my passport and address details...will I need to do this again. I'm am just concerned with being limited again

Thank you Misty

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Well hello njvg,

That is great that everything is looking good, that is always a great feeling believe me I know. As far as avoiding being limited again this is what I would do. Once you move you can go into your PayPal account and add your new address, then update your address with the credit card company (if you have one linked to your PayPal account). You will then have to wait up to 30 days for the credit card company to update your address in their system to reflect our system. Once the credit card company updates your address in their system you can change the address you added in PayPal to primary and you should not have any problems. I hope this is not to confusing.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.