landing site for donation button

dday76
New Community Member

Not sure where this is supposed to go.

I'm using a donation button with a Paypal ID (not a paypal-made button).

Everything seems to be working fine except for where the page focuses.  It focuses on the login-button rather than at the top of the page.  This is confusing for users.

#2  I want the donation area (where the information is) to be expanded rather than collapsed.

I don't see anything in the HTML specs on how to make this come out properly.  How I can I fix this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dday76,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

If I'm reading your post right, I believe you are referring to the section at the top with the order details?

So you want this section (in the orange rectangle)

retracted.PNG

To look like the image below by default?

expanded.PNG

Hopefully I understood your question correctly. 🙂

If this is right, I'm sorry to say that you can't affect whether this section is closed or expanded by default.  There is one way to ensure that it stays open and that would be to set the Donation button to allow your contributor to enter a custom donation amount.  That section will automatically expand so the amount can be entered in that case.  If you're not using the PayPal button designer, you would just need to make sure the "amount" variable is not being set in your button code.

I hope this helps!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.