invoices not sending

MzConvo
New Community Member

i have sent several invoices to my customers but they are not receiving them. how can i fix this problem? because it is making my company look bad.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello MzConvo,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your customers not receiving invoices. 

We have reported this issue to our engineers. 

You may want to try sending out Money Requests as a temporary workaround.

Again, I am very sorry for the frustration this is causing you. 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

andrezx
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem...very annoying 😕

Login to Me Too

Chuff
Contributor
Contributor

I  too am having the same problem..  I  need a 100% reliable method of sending out electronic invoices.  I am new to Paypal and was led to believe it was reliable.   It's pretty obvious I was mistaken.   If they make mistakes like this so easy.....makes me very nervous knowing they might make mistakes holding my funds to.  The last 3 invoices I sent out were never received....and like all big corporations.....they assume a few clients will leave every day so I don't think payapl really cares.

Login to Me Too

mm2
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.

Everything was working well for a few months.

But now, when we send out invoices, our customers do not receive them. (We ask them to check their spam boxes -- the invoices are not there, either.)

We can see the transaction in our transaction list. It shows an invoice was sent. We can cancel the invoice, and the customer will receive a cancellation message.

But they never receive the initial invoice.

Please -- what can we do about this?

Login to Me Too

jbs1
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. The interesting thing is, if I send a reminder for the invoice or if I cancel the invoice, the customer gets those invoices. I am currently sending the invoice then immediately sending a reminder. That does get the invoice to the customer but they find it annoying. Looking at these posts it appears this has been a problem for a while. Is there going to be a solution soon?

Login to Me Too

Leprechaun25
Contributor
Contributor

This is pretty ridiculous that there is ZERO notification by paypal to us that this issue is occuring. Don't they have any type of notification system when things are working in their system. I mean, geez, I'm only trying to run a business here and collect payments from customers. I sure look like a xxxxxxx when I say "Hey, why haven't you paid me yet?" and the answer turns out to be "Because paypal isn't sending invoices out and they didn't bother to let any of their customers know about the problem, leaving you to sit and spin wondering where your money is at."

Currently looking into other possible services that, A) work. and B) communicate with their customers when there is a problem.

Login to Me Too

T-O
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the same issue.  I send an invoice, and my clients are asking me when I'm going to send them an Invoice.  I tried the reminder work around, but nothing seems to be working for me.  Any updates PayPal?

Login to Me Too

saratherrien
New Community Member

Same here. I thought I was doing something wrong. Please help. I am a new business and look incompetent.

Login to Me Too

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

We also have this problem: invoices are no longer being sent. When we hit "remind" a reminder gets sent but the customer gets a reminder which is not satisfactory as it looks like we don't know what we are doing.

I contacted Merchant Technical support. They refused to look at it and responded in an email: "Unfortunately, we don't have the account access available to research this particular issue for you, so you will need to contact PayPal Business Support for better assistance."

We then contacted business support. After a day I chased them up and they said they can't look at it as it's technical rather than busines and that we should contact merchant technical support.   At that point I insisted they take responsbility for the problem, rather than shunting me around the organization, which they seem to have done. 

They say they know about the problem (a good start) and that their technical people are working on it.  I'm staggered that something as basic as sending out an invoice -- which is what merchants do -- doesn't work, but there we are...  So far no estimated completion date is available.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.