how to collect buyer IP address using "Buy Now" button

Mhasan777
Contributor
Contributor

I am putting a "Buy Now" button on someone else website for selling a product. But i have learned there are many fake order comes from website and one way to verify real purchaser by the IP address of the server or comptuer they are using.

I want to collect the IP address of the customers that placing order using my Paypal "Buy Now" button just to verify location of their order.

How can I do that?

Mohammad

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Mhasan777,

Welcome to the Forums.

It is understandable that you want to collect the IP address of the customers that placing order using your Paypal "Buy Now" button just to verify location of their order. There is not a way to do this directly with PayPal, however I know it is possible outside of PayPal using a thirdparty software. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Mhasan777
Contributor
Contributor

Misty,

Thanks for the reply. If you could give me the name of the software or  web where I can find it,that will be really helpful.  Will this software works with paypal or works independently.  Basically like to know when the order come, i receive a separate notification for the IP or it comes with paypal email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.