different sales tax rates

lanelt
Contributor
Contributor

I have to charge a different tax rate for goods sold vs services I provide.  Is there a way to set-up PayPal to let me charge the two different rates?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello lanelt,

Welcome to the Forums.

You can set up a different sales tax rate for goods and services when creating a PayPal button. In step one under tax you can put in an amount which would have to be done for each individual good or service you are selling that you want the sales tax to be different. I  hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

temp201811292i
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar question.  How can I add a sales tax soley to the customers residing in one state, and have a different total price for the people not in that state?  Its just 1 product, but, say for people residing in Indiana, we we require a 7% sales tax, and for people elsewhere there is no tax.  I cant make another product for indiana residents, because they could easily buy the cheaper product and circumvent the mandatory tax.  any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello BangoSkank, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

Yes, you can set up sales tax for Indiana residents only. You can do this by logging into your PayPal account and click on the profile tab (under my account), click My selling tools, click update next to Sales tax, and click add new Sales tax under Domestic Sales tax rates. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.